We’re going in deep. So for those that know… those that have eyes to see and ears to hear – peep Game.
There are certain things in life that you can’t get away from if you call yourself living “normally”. Things like bills (and the ability to make money to pay those bills), ups and downs, joys and pains, laughter and sadness; the desire to have more and the fear of losing it (or not getting it in the first place).
And the background to all of this is what’s going on in the World – People fighting for causes, people being taken advantage of, people trying to help others and people trying to hurt others; the abuser and the abused, the victim and the hero. There is always an element of courage and the rest is based in fear.
I suppose if you wanted to lump all these up and label them you could just call it, “The Matrix”. It’s the world that’s believed to be real because the minds of the people make it real. Or you can call it the wool that’s been pulled over your eyes. Blinding you so you can’t see the truth.
When we look at the overall structure of The Game, we’re looking at a symbol. A symbol of the natural order of things. In the world there will always be a dominant force and a weaker force; there will be those that lead and those that follow. And when you look at things that way, you shouldn’t stop there, you need to look even further.
How can there BE a leader if there is no one to follow them? How can you determine what a dominant force IS without having something weaker to compare it to? In other words, how can one exist without the other?
This is the called the Principle of Contrast or Duality, which is the 8th Principle of the Game (the way I teach it) and this Principle starts taking you into higher level Game. I needed to introduce that concept to you if you haven’t heard it before because it plays into the purpose of this post.
Like I say all the time, Real Game works both inside of you and outside of you – the Principles don’t change, they’re just applied differently. The "Matrix", as many have started calling it, is a subtle form of control over the masses. It's something designed in such a way that the average person can't see it. They live in it and accept it as real so they're blind to it. And also since they live in it, they become it.
So if there is a “Matrix” outside of you, then there must also be a “Matrix” inside of you. And what is that exactly?
For some of us when you begin to think back to when you were younger, you’ll come to realize that you were naturally attracted to certain things. These are things that other people didn’t tell you to “like” or “study” or “try to do” or that they were “cool” – they just held an attraction to you and you may have found them enjoyable or fascinating.
Personally for me it was being creative – writing and also studying the mind – being an effective communicator. Even when I was fairly young I remember being naturally attracted to how to put words together and how powerful the right images could affect you both mentally and emotionally. I didn’t understand it then, but as I learned The Game I began to.
We all have things that we’re naturally attracted to. Even if we ignore them, they usually pop back up in our lives over and over and over again – like they’re jumping around and waving their hands trying to get our attention.
So just how easy is it for the "Matrix" outside of you to influence the "Matrix" inside of you? If you’re willing to do a little exercise (thanks B!) then I think it will prove it to you much better than I ever could in writing. Don’t be scared, I’m not going to tell you to do anything you already don’t do… trust me! Here are the simple steps:
(1) Get you at least 3 songs from entirely different genres (5 is best, but at least get 3). The first should be a fast tempo song – maybe a hard-core Hip-Hop song or some type of Rock, Metal or whatever you like. The second song should be a slower tempo song – maybe some smooth Jazz, R&B/Neo-Soul, Country or even a slower Pop song or Ballard. Again, go with what you like. For the third song I want you to go to YouTube and look up, Relaxation Music – careful, stay away from the Binaural Beats – you just want regular music. You could also just listen to some nature sounds such as rain, birds or even a river stream – just make sure that it’s something you won’t mind listening to for about 5 minutes.
(2) Ideally this should be done when you have about 30 minutes where you can just sit somewhere quiet and where won’t be disturbed. You can also do this lying down – just be careful that you’re not sleepy because you may fall asleep.
(3) Put your headphones on (or your earbuds in) or turn up your speakers. Close your eyes and listen to your first song – really listen to it. After it’s over ask yourself how do you feel? What were you thinking about when you listened to it? How does your body feel? Are you pumped up? Did you get energized off of the song? There is no right or wrong, just ask yourself these questions and remember them.
(4) Next play your second song and really listen to it. Same thing – after the song concludes ask yourself how you feel, what did you think about during the song and how does your body feel?
(5) Play your third song – really listen to it. Remember how you felt while listening to it, what you were thinking about while it played and how your body felt. If you have 5 songs, go on and do your fourth and then fifth one the same way.
Now, that wasn’t that bad was it? What most of you will notice is that each of those songs affected you differently. I mean affected you differently on the inside. Each song made you feel different, think differently and may even made you feel tense, energized or more at ease.
The point of that exercise it to prove to yourself (without taking my word for it) that if you allow it, what is outside of you can affect what’s inside of you.
Now think about every song you hear in a day; every commercial you listen to and watch; every advertisement you see on your computer or mobile device; every television show you watch; every movie you watch; every YouTube video; every video stream; every video game you might play; every conversation you have; every book you read; every blog you read; every podcast you listen to; every sermon or lecture you attend; and the list goes on and on.
All of these things affect both your thoughts and emotions. The outside “Matrix” becomes your internal “Matrix” because these outer things are the “food” you're feeding your mind. They say, “You are what you eat,” but that deals mainly with the body. What about your mind? You’re also what you think! And what you think determines what happens to you. Consider that for a moment.
Tune in next week as we continue to explore the “Matrix” within – your personal inner prison. See you then...
Curious about the Game? Subscribe to the Uncommon Sense Adviser – Higher level Game to help take YOUR Game to the next level. Also receive news, discounts on future books and products along with early access. Join now by clicking [HERE].