Changes are coming! I’ve been grinding diligently to prepare for my next business phase.
If you’re viewing this on a computer (or tablet) you’ve probably noticed the updated look for the website. It still needs some adjustments but, the overall look is sleeker and more modern. I hope you like it.
Also in the works is a new logo to better represent my brand. Big thanks to Mr. B. Lewis for being willing to help in that area! Visual design is not one of my strengths.
For those who’ve been following along for the last few months, you know I’ve been doing a 30-month experiment on organic reach. This started back in 2014 a couple of months after the launch of this website.
What is organic reach? Very simply, that is driving traffic to your website without paying for it. And I even crippled myself further by limiting my social media exposure. I usually only post when I put up a new blog, a new podcast or I have an announcement.
I also didn’t use YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, and no live video of any kind. These are most tools that internet marketers swear by. Has this hurt the overall growth of my brand? Absolutely! And that was the point – I wanted to know how far I could push this using as few tools as possible.
Around 90% of my website growth has come from word-of-mouth and careful use of search engine optimization. The numbers have far exceeded what I thought would be possible. The website is currently averaging over 5,000 page views per month and over 1,200 unique visitors per month. And it continues to grow.
What’s the biggest factor to this growth? Content filled with quality information. Pure and simple. Making sure every book, every Audio Lesson, every blog post and every podcast lives up to a certain standard. Admittedly, I do need a lot of improvement with my editing skills… but that’s another topic…
So what does this all mean? Well, glad you asked.
This means that I can now teach, in detail, about organic reach. I have personal experience doing it. Organic reach is the wave of the future. Soon (according to the rumor mill) social media sites will begin to charge for targeted advertising. Facebook already does and other social media sites are following suit.
And what does that mean? That means I have a system developed that bypasses all of that. In the future I’ll be able to give that system to clients who need to start with limited money to invest.
So, here’s some Game about all of this (you know I can’t resist going there). Being on the internet is very similar to Hustling out on the streets.
(1) You must have a clear idea of what you want your final outcome to be. For long-term goals don’t get too attached though, things change.
(2) Before you step foot in a Game, get your facts together. Research what you’re going to be doing. But don’t get stuck in research mode! You’ll research so much that you’ll never get started.
(3) You have to have quality (or comparable quality) products and/or services. Set a fair price depending on the market (and depending on your Game…)
(4) You have to be consistent.
(5) Value the people who trust in you to deliver. And you actually have to deliver!
(6) Get your name out there and make sure there’s respek (respect) on your name (thank you, Birdman?)
(7) You must study the market, get yourself in the market and then open it up.
(8) Understand The Game of what you’re doing – know what makes things work “behind the scenes”. And more importantly why they work.
(9) Protect your territory. Or in this case, your brand identity.
(10) Be consistent.
(11) Dodge all haters and still go get yours (even when those haters are the closest ones to you).
(12) Stay in motion despite all inner doubts, fears and worries. You can play yourself right out of a Game faster than anyone (or anything) else.
(13) Accept all set-backs and failures. These are actually learning experiences, so learn from them.
(14) The world doesn’t wait for you. You must be able to adapt and adjust.
(15) Did I mention be consistent?
You have to stay in motion even when you’re tired and when you don’t feel like it. You have to push when you’re sad; when things seem bleak; when you get that constant voice in your head saying, “Now, why do we keep doing this again?”
It’s almost a daily inner fight. What part of you is going to win? What do you choose as your dominant frame of mind? Are you going to fold (give up) or function (keep moving)?
If you don’t put anything down, you can’t pick anything up. That’s just cause and effect. If you constantly produce causes, you have to get an effect. There’s no other way it can be.
These are some of the same ways I moved when I was participating in less… generally accepted activities… and these are some of the same ways I continue to move.
The basic foundation of The Game doesn’t change. It’s the natural order of things. The knowledge, wisdom and understanding only needs to be adjusted and applied differently depending on what “layer” you’re playing.
Over the next few months you’ll be seeing little changes here and there as I continue tweaking and adjusting.
To all my Hustlers (entrepreneurs) out there, stay in motion and keep it simple in the process.
To everyone, your continued support is greatly appreciated! You’re helping turn a few ideas into a reality.
See you next week...
Curious about the Game? Subscribe to the Uncommon Sense Adviser – Higher level Game to help take YOUR Game to the next level. Also receive news, discounts on future books and products along with early access. Join now by clicking [HERE].