Greetings! So I’m getting ready for an official book launch for my new book which I’ve nick-named the “Little Black Book”. I’ll release more details in the future but let’s just say for now – there will be nothing like it on the market. Nothing like it has ever been written – to my knowledge at least.
And this shouldn’t be a surprise when it comes to a launch; there is a TON to do!
Being a solo-preneur (a person who runs a business by themselves) is not easy. But in all honesty being a solo-preneur is nothing but being a Hustler. Everything is on you and you must deliver.
Not only do I have to write the book, edit the book, create the front and back covers, register the ISBN’s, ensure I keep my international publishing rights, write the introduction page for the website, convert the text files, prepare the FREE preview, put together the website graphics and convert the covers so they can be properly displayed on Amazon… I also have to market and advertise.
May not sound like much, but please trust me this stuff takes time!
As a side note, to those who are thinking of getting into the self-publishing Game – writing a book is only 40% of the work. The other 60% is creating an author platform, marketing, promoting and advertising. Fun! At least to me, I love being creative with the details.
Wait. Now that I think about it that applies to almost every business. Anyway...
I enjoy it all though (well, except the editing part) and I’m satisfied when all of that hard work comes together. That feeling of accomplishment is one of the best feelings in the world. To be able to see something you created benefit others is something I think everyone should experience if you haven’t already.
All this work is what we as Hustlers call the “Grind”. It’s the work we put for our successful outcomes.
A few years ago I had a client who was planning to open up a mobile house cleaning service. Like most of my clients they have a vision, they have the desire but when I ask them to start giving me details, they suddenly become hesitant.
Most of my clients go from enthusiastic to doubtful. They don’t initially realize how much work is actually involved. The reality is, when you’re on a tight budget, the majority of the work is going to be on you. Nearly every decision is going to be yours.
You have to be willing to go into unfamiliar territory and find your way around in the dark – with no flashlight.
So, for my aspiring Hustlers (solo-preneurs) out there don’t be afraid, doubtful or hesitant – keep it moving. There are a ton of resources available, especially online. I didn’t have that when I first started but you can use all that to your advantage today.
Don’t allow yourself to feel overwhelmed and get discouraged. It’s best to play the Game and lose than just sit on the bench and watch. It reminds me of that old proverb, “You never know what you can do until you try.”
Until next time. Keep it moving and keep it simple in the process.
Want more? Subscribe to the Uncommon Sense Adviser – Free news, early access to future books, discounts and answers to questions too controversial for the blog. Join now by clicking [HERE]